Top 15 things Rotimi Amaechi said during his ministerial screening


The Senate on Thursday finally screened the former Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, a ministerial nominee from Rivers State.


Whether I become minister or not, it will be on record that I once attend the Senate screening.
My administration worked to restore the old glory of Port Harcourt.
We now have almost 24-hour power supply in Rivers State.
Rivers State was the first state to introduce Fiscal Responsibility Law.
My administration redefined governance and reposition Rivers State.
I was born to fight for my rights.
I don’t like corruption.
I have never taken bribe before
I was chased out to Ghana because I fought for my rights.
Resources are in Niger Delta and they should be treated fairly
We must remove corruption and invest in power.
I was never indicted by any panel.
Corruption is a very wide concept and very difficult to define.
Present mono-economic situation in Nigeria cannot address unemployment.
If we keep to rule of law and keep away impunity, government will function.