Photos : Man Kept His Fingernails Since 1952 Enters Guinness Book Of Records

A man who has not cut his fingernails since 1952

has made it into the Guinness Book of records.

Shridhar Chillal officially has has the world's

longest fingernails on one hand ever, with their

combined length coming in at a staggering 909.6cm.

One of his thumbnails alone is two metres long.

The 78-year-old is so proud of his wares that he

has offered to dedicate them to a museum, but he

says they were nothing but trouble in his younger

years.

"When I was to get married, no one was ready to

marry me, I saw nearly 10 to 12 girls," "If the girl

agreed to marry, her parents would say I would

strangle their daughter's neck and refuse."If the

parents agreed, the girl would say she would not

marry such a dirty person."Our family members

opposed, then teachers were opposed but I decided

from that point on that I would never cut my nails

again," he said.

"Initially, difficulties appeared everywhere in my

daily life."My family really didn't like it, no one

would wash my clothes and I had to wash them by

hand. "Finding a job was also difficult, as no one

was ready to employ me..I can tell everyone now

with pride about my record," he said. "When I am on

my travels, people will recognise me as a Guinness

World Records title holder."